Unit test - access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings' is denied.

May 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM
We are getting Access to the path "'C:\Documents and Settings' is denied" when enabling unit tests with TFS2012_SPBuild_WithoutVersioning.xml (we made no changes to it).

Unit tests are working fine when using DefaultTemplate.11.1.xaml (default team project process).

The build is created in the D:\Builds-folder. Why is the build process trying to access a different folder on a different drive? The unit test has no IO interaction.

Granting access to the C-drive is not an option for security (and we don't really know what the process is trying to do here).

Thanks for this starter kit.
Jul 2, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I'm getting the same thing. I don't think granting access on the C: drive solves this particular problem. I've tried this along with many other things. Messing with drive permissions can create their own problems. For now, I'm giving up on using tests with my builds. Hopefully someone solves this. BTW, this is a great solution, got our SharePoint build processes automated where otherwise I thought was not possible. Thanks Chris.
Nov 11, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Having the same error. Any solution/workaround?
Mar 18, 2015 at 1:06 PM
I also ran into that error. A solution/workaround would be highly appreaciated. We have TFS 2013 Build Server running on Windows Server 2012.